Mustang Ball COVID-19 Information
As a Cal Poly on-campus event, we will be following the Cal Poly Event COVID Guidelines, specifically:
- Face coverings must be worn by all attendees (competitors and spectators) at all times while inside the venue (including while competing) regardless of vaccination status. Full details of Cal Poly's face covering policy can be found here. *
- University policy prohibits events from requiring vaccinations or testing, however, we strongly encourage all attendees to either be fully vaccinated or have a negative result from a COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of attendance.
- Attendees who are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms should not attend. If you are experiencing symptoms prior to the event, please contact us for credit/refund options.
Additionally, we will be implementing the following protocols to reduce the chances of COVID-19 exposure at our competition:
- The maximum number of competitors on the floor in each heat will be reduced from 16 to 10 to provide increased distancing.
- Competitors should attempt to maximize their distance from the other couples and the audience as much as possible.
- Couples will be spaced six feet apart in the on-deck and other areas.
- There will be no events requiring partner switching (such as Jack & Jill events).
- Venue seating and team tables will be reduced to allow increased spacing for all attendees. Due to this reduction in seating, we encourage teams to limit the number of team members inside the venue who are not actively competing.
- We are planning on offering a live stream of the competition so spectators can watch outside of the venue.
Please be aware that National, State, and University mandates may require a change in these policies prior to the event. Please check back shortly before the event for any updates.
* - Due to the facemask requirement, we will consider masks as “jewelry” in the competitor costume requirements and allow the use of rhinestones and other light effects as long as the integrity and function of the mask is not affected.